Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Latina Donald Trump Supporter Harassed After Appearing Onstage With Candidate



Mediaite.com:
Betty Rivas, a Latina business owner in Tucson, Arizona and Donald Trump supporter, has been inundated with harassing phone calls and Facebook comments ever since she joined the candidate onstage at a rally in Arizona this week, waving a “Latinos Support D. Trump” sign. 
Rivas, who co-owns Sammy’s Mexican Girl with her husband Jorge, has been the target of hateful comments, accusations of racism, and threats of a boycott, according to KGUN9. 
The local outlet reports: 
[Rivas is] shocked at all the controversy this sign has created because – she took a similiar sign to the Bernie Sanders rally in Tucson. That’s right – she has not even decided who she is going to vote for. 
Despite all the drama though, Rivas does not regret making that sign and going on stage at all. 
“I haven’t done anything wrong; I have the right to say what I’m thinking – I can go listen to Hillary, I can go listen to Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders because I’m within my right – I didn’t do anything wrong,” she said. 
The Pima County Sheriff’s Department visited the restaurant and now has an open investigation.
RELATED: Do Trump’s Foreign Policy Advisers Really Matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment