Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Donald Trump Says Boycotting Fox News Debate Might Have Cost Him Iowa Win


TheHill.com:
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump acknowledged Tuesday that his snub of Fox News’ GOP debate last week may have caused him to lose the Iowa caucuses.

"That could've been with the debate," Trump said in Milford, N.H. "I think some people were disappointed that I didn't go into the debate."

But Trump said he has no regrets, noting he brought in $6 million for veterans’ groups at the fundraising event he did instead of the debate.

The billionaire businessman said he still did “very well” in Iowa despite finishing in second behind rival Ted Cruz, saying expectations were too high.

“I guess what did happen is one poll came out that said we were four or five points ahead and maybe built up a false expectation for some people,” he said.

"People didn't talk about my second place. They didn't talk about it as positively as they should have."

Asked whether the loss in Iowa hurt Trump’s brand as a winner, he responded: “I think my brand's doing great.”
RELATED:  Loser.com Now Redirects to Donald Trump’s Wikipedia Page

No comments:

Post a Comment